Re: paragraph fill and arguments

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: paragraph fill and arguments
Date: Fri, 20 Apr 2007 14:18:21 -0400

> I a m trying to make my own fill paragraph command, which i want to be an
> equivalent of :

> 'M-x mark-paragraph'
> and then
> 'M-x fill-region-as-paragraph'

These are equivalent to

    (command-execute 'mark-paragraph)
and
    (command-execute 'fill-region-as-paragraph)

The `command-execute' function uses the `interactive' form inside the
command to build a list of arguments and then calls the function with
those arguments.

>       (defun justify ()
>        (interactive)
>        (mark-paragraph)
>        (fill-region-as-paragraph))

Here on the other hand, you directly call those commands as function, so if
you want to use this form, you need to pass them arguments "manually".

        Stefan