Re: Emacs pretest 22.0.99

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Emacs pretest 22.0.99
Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2007 09:13:21 +0300

> From: Nick Roberts <address@hidden>
> Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2007 17:48:56 +1200
> Cc: address@hidden
>
> How about numbering bug fix releases, which
> presumably could be made shortly after the main release if necessary, 22.1.1,
> 22.1.2, ... this time?

This was discussed at length some time ago, but I believe we didn't
decide to change the numbering.  It cannot be changed without changes
elsewhere; e.g., report-emacs-bug knows about the numbering scheme,
and so do the files involved in setting the minor version number
during the build process.

In other words, I think it's too late to change this for Emacs 22.