Re: address@hidden: Re: Tumme fails with default custom settings]

From: Mathias Dahl
Subject: Re: address@hidden: Re: Tumme fails with default custom settings]
Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2007 09:47:00 +0200

Yes. The cause of the problem was that when displaying the image in
its original size, no conversion was needed, and therefore the image
format was not always JPEG (JPEG this was hardcoded in the previous
version of the defun below, now it is replaced by a variable).

The new version below takes care of this case and uses
`image-type-from-file-name' to determine the image type. This solves
the problem for PNG and XPM files (the ones I could test that wasn't
JPEG) but GIF does not seem to be possible to insert. Is this on
purpose?

Richard, can you comment on the GIF issue above? I am suspecting that
the old patent on the LZW compression algorithm has something to do
with it (http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/gif.html). Does it? When
opening JPEG and PNG files from Dired, I automaticaly see the image,
and this does not happen with GIF.

I just want to have this verified so that I don't have to hunt for
more bugs in image-dired (it feel strange not to type "tumme"
anymore...).

/Mathias