Re: Excessive refontification when setting jit-lock-context-unfontify-po

From: martin rudalics
Subject: Re: Excessive refontification when setting jit-lock-context-unfontify-pos
Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2007 10:18:16 +0200

> In AUCTeX's LaTeX mode ``text in quotes'' will get highlighted.  If I
> start a quote, move a page downwards

... here a function on `window-scroll-functions' should decide what to
do with such pending quotes - provided you're 100% sure that you cannot
turn them into strings syntactically spoken ...

> and insert the ending quotation
> marks, only part of the text in quotes will get the appropriate face
> if j-l-c-u-p is not set.

... a function on `after-change-functions' would have to find the
matching starting quote and put a multiline property on the entire
quoted text.  Setting `jit-lock-context-unfontify-pos' doesn't make
sense here: If moving the page downwards moves the starting quote
_before_ `window-start' font-lock might not find it in the first place.