Re: 22.0.98 build problem

From: Ryan Yeske
Subject: Re: 22.0.98 build problem
Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2007 21:16:06 -0700 (PDT)

   I think the problem is due to the absence of -nostdlib in the command
   to link.  So I think the bug is in the conversion of Makefile.in
   into Makefile.  Can you investigate what happens and how it comes about
   that -nostdlib is missing?

That is true, if I add -nostdlib to the Makefile by hand, I can build.

It is not very clear to me what needs to be changed to add -nostdlib
for this platform.  What is the condition?

FWIW, There are two places in src/Makefile.in that I can find -nostdlib

    /* Versions of GCC >= 2.0 put their library, libgcc.a, in obscure
       places that are difficult to figure out at make time.  Fortunately,
       these same versions allow you to pass arbitrary flags on to the
       linker, so there is no reason not to use it as a linker.

       Well, it is not quite perfect.  The "-nostdlib" keeps GCC from
       searching for libraries in its internal directories, so we have to
       ask GCC explicitly where to find libgcc.a.  */

    #ifndef LINKER
    #define LINKER $(CC) -nostdlib
    #endif

and