Re: html-mode demanding <html> a bit too tight

From: Lennart Borgman (gmail)
Subject: Re: html-mode demanding <html> a bit too tight
Date: Fri, 27 Apr 2007 22:17:58 +0200

Eli Zaretskii wrote:
That is because, Lennart, you don't care for the release at all.  You
are using the CVS code, lobby others to use the binaries you prepare
from CVS, and therefore an officially released version of Emacs has no
real value to you.  Why care about it, if there's always tomorrow's
CVS?

I think you are underestimating yourself and maybe my view of you when you write like above.

You are, of course, entitled to think and act like that, but that's
not how most of Emacs users think and act, evidently.  Most Emacs
users want an officially released version, or are forced by their
sysadmins to use official versions, because they still believe that an
official release has higher quality than today's snapshot.  Please
respect those views.

I try to.

They don't really interfere with what you want,
since there's now a release branch, and changes that fix the bugs that
so annoy you can still be checked in to the trunk, from where you can
produce a binary that is free of those bugs.

That is good, but I think you are misunderstanding me a bit. Maybe I was misunderstanding the context in which I answered. The problem I think we where talking about was the magic-mode-alist. My concern is as usual new users (I hope many new users will try Emacs 22) and I think magic-mode-alist is mostly in the way, confusing them.

This particular problem is however not a very, very big problem. In any case I appreciate constructive answers to the problem.