Re: Emacs-diffs Digest, Vol 53, Issue 105

From: Glenn Morris
Subject: Re: Emacs-diffs Digest, Vol 53, Issue 105
Date: Sun, 29 Apr 2007 21:44:40 -0400

Stefan Monnier wrote:

> Better not: since the script copies changes from the branch to the
> trunk, it's better to install changes only on one or the other, but
> not on both, otherwise you'll end up with spurious conflicts and/or
> duplicated changes.

If it's really that fragile, is that acceptable?

I for one have been installing things in both places, largely because
it's very little extra effort, and I like to get a "proper" CVS log
entry. Eg this:

  (hi-lock-file-patterns-policy): Default to `ask'.

rather than all this:
    Merge from emacs--rel--22
    Patches applied:
     * emacs--rel--22  (base, patch 1-2)
       - tag of address@hidden/emacs--devo--0--patch-709
       - Sync to CVS tag EMACS_22_BRANCHPOINT
       - Sync to CVS branch EMACS_22_BASE
    2007-04-25  Richard Stallman  <address@hidden>
       * lisp/hi-lock.el (hi-lock-file-patterns-policy): Default to `ask'.
    2007-04-24  Richard Stallman  <address@hidden>
       * lispref/text.texi (Special Properties): Add xref to Overlay
       * lispref/display.texi (Overlay Properties): Add xref to Special
    Revision: address@hidden/emacs--devo--0--patch-716