Re: package.el

From: Davis Herring
Subject: Re: package.el
Date: Mon, 21 May 2007 16:48:53 -0700 (PDT)

> David> Well, in a distribution, this is what one wants to customize -
> David> simply because ~/.emacs.d is not a [standard] directory on all
> David> operating systems.
>
> I simply followed existing practice that I found in Emacs.  FWIW I
> think it would make sense to make this a customizable setting used
> everywhere that "~/.emacs.d" is currently used.
>
> Does Aquamacs have a setting for this?  package.el could conditionally
> use that.

This (the customizable setting) has been discussed before[1], and I even
offered to go find all the hardcoded ~/.emacs.d/ usages, but there wasn't
much evident interest.  Is there now, especially given the issue of
differing standards among OSes?

Davis

[1] http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-devel/2005-08/msg00317.html

shipping.