Re: emacs 22.0.990, simple start-process crashes emacs on 64-bit Windows

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: emacs 22.0.990, simple start-process crashes emacs on 64-bit Windows
Date: Wed, 23 May 2007 10:07:22 +0300

> Date: Tue, 22 May 2007 16:17:29 -0700
> From: Kevin Layer <address@hidden>
>
> The emacs 22.0.990 was built on 32-bit XP Pro with MSVC 6.0 (w/sp6 (I
> believe)).
>
> I ran this under windbg, and I got absolutely nowhere.  I set a
> breakpoint at Fstart_process and it never got there.   windbg did say
> the breakpoint was there and active.

If the Emacs window disappears, it is also worthwhile to set a
breakpoint in the function called when Emacs exits (`exit'?).

> Here's what is on the stack after the emacs window disappears:
>
> ntdll!NtTerminateProcess+0xa

Do you see something noteworthy in the Event Viewer (right-click on
"My Computer", select "manage", then expand "Event Viewer" and look in
the 3 categories of events it shows)?

Also, can you check what is the exit code returned by emacs.exe to the
parent shell (use %ERRORLEVEL%).