Re: Merging unicode

From: Juanma Barranquero
Subject: Re: Merging unicode
Date: Wed, 30 May 2007 00:37:06 +0200

On 5/29/07, David Kastrup <address@hidden> wrote:

Well, that the jury is somewhat out on the multi-tty branch.

OTOH the unicode branch is ready to be merged.

Then there is the matter of non-existing Texinfo information for the
Elisp manual and also the Emacs manual.

Why should that affect the merge? We're not going to release 23.1 any time soon.

Merging unicode2 first will cause synch headaches in the multitty
branch (larger than the other way round, presumably).

I agree with Jason: the conflicts are the same, the only thing that
varies is where do they happen and who shoulders the effort.

But on the other hand, Emacs 22.1 is in its final throws.  Synching
unicode-2 will make parallel updates of EMACS_22_BASE and trunk a bit
more inconvenient.  And maybe we just need that bit of inconvenience
to shoo Emacs 22.1 out the door.

It's an option to ponder... :)

            Juanma

--
What is this talk of "release"? Klingons do not make software
"releases". Our software "escapes" leaving a bloody trail of designers