RE: cursor face

From: Drew Adams
Subject: RE: cursor face
Date: Sat, 2 Jun 2007 06:52:00 -0700

> > Or is face `cursor' somehow a frame-local face?
>
> Actually, faces are _always_ frame-local.

Yes, of course. What was I thinking? I knew that well. Lack of coffee,
perhaps.

I think what threw me off was that, though the frame I was in had a red
cursor, when I typed M-x customize-face cursor, it showed up yellow in
Customize.

I think there is a bug, in that Customize shows the wrong face attributes.
See my previous mail for the details: default-frame-alist had red, and
special-display-frame-alist had yellow. Although I was in a normal (default)
frame when I used M-x customize-face cursor, Customize was shown with
yellow.

Note: Customize itself appears in a special frame. Perhaps that's the origin
of the bug - perhaps it uses its own frame instead of the frame selected
when you invoke customize-face.