Re: display.texi: (<line>,<col>) isn't documented.

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: display.texi: (<line>,<col>) isn't documented.
Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2007 12:40:25 +0900

"Drew Adams" <address@hidden> writes:
> It's only a minor feature. It's really not a big deal either way: no great
> loss if it is not made available, no great convenience if it is. If added,
> it should be optional, of course, and perhaps limited to use with transient
> mark mode. I find it handy; you might not.

When transient-mark-mode is enabled, it gets used a _lot_, and having it
constantly produce chatty messages informing me (and in the process
obscuring other information) about stuff which is only occasionally
useful... well it just sounds kind of annoying.

> Did you try it?

Where is "it", anyway?  This is a big thread, and I don't see any
obvious patches from you...

-Miles
--
`There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,
 Than are dreamt of in your philosophy.'