Re: propose adding Icicles to Emacs

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: propose adding Icicles to Emacs
Date: Tue, 12 Jun 2007 09:43:45 +0900

"Drew Adams" <address@hidden> writes:
>> What we should do instead is consider each of the features separately,
>> and decide what to do with it.
>
> I don't disagree. In fact I hope that the features will be examined in
> detail and tried out. There is no other way for people to realize that the
> features belong together - or not.

In many cases, even if the features enhance each other, if they're
logically unrelated, it's better to make them more clearly separate.

E.g., cua-mode is a prime example of a package which really should be
split up but was originally written with a lot of stuff sort of welded
together that should be separate.

-miles

--
[|nurgle|]  ddt- demonic? so quake will have an evil kinda setting? one that
            will  make every christian in the world foamm at the mouth?