Re: Should nXML be included

From: Peter Heslin
Subject: Re: Should nXML be included
Date: Tue, 12 Jun 2007 14:42:49 +0100

"Lennart Borgman (gmail)" <address@hidden> writes:

> Validation of course loose most of its meanings, but not
> all. Completion can still be used. In fact that is what I do in nXhtml
> with nxhtml-mode + mumamo-mode. To be able to make it more cleanly
> than currently the parser must be broken out.

As you know, another possibility is to put the php code into CDATA
sections so that nxml ignores it; and when you want to edit that code,
narrow the buffer temporarily to that section and switch to php-mode.

In any case, the viability of multiple major modes in a single buffer is
a much larger issue which does not really impact the question of whether
nxml should be included with Emacs.

Peter

--
Peter Heslin (http://www.dur.ac.uk/p.j.heslin)