[Top][All Lists]

[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: Syncing Gnus and Emacs repositories

From: Nick Roberts
Subject: Re: Syncing Gnus and Emacs repositories
Date: Sat, 16 Jun 2007 09:48:04 +1200

 > I have decided that we should not merge unicode-2 until a couple of
 > months have gone by and we know what should be done about Emacs 22.2.
 > Until then I want to avoid far-reaching changes in the trunk.
 > Please stop making a fuss about a couple of months.

You might perceive it to be a fuss but a couple of months will probably end up
being four or five, evidently there are other things planned, like the cocoa
port, then there will probably be a period of instability, new documentation
will be needed...whoa it's 2010!

Many people who offered contributions over the last couple of years were told
to come back after the release.  Maybe some will, but I think we're losing
leverage.  Also I think being out of the picture for so long means we lose
mindshare, get dropped from the desktop etc., but perhaps your view is that
quality is the only thing that matters.

 > However, it is ok to add new features which are not so far-reaching in
 > their effects on the code.  Even the multi-tty branch could be merged
 > in (once we decide what to do about the environment).

Nick                                           http://www.inet.net.nz/~nickrob

reply via email to

[Prev in Thread] Current Thread [Next in Thread]