Re: Icicles doc - file 1/2 (was: propose adding Icicles to Emacs)

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: Icicles doc - file 1/2 (was: propose adding Icicles to Emacs)
Date: Sun, 17 Jun 2007 17:49:18 -0400

    ;;  You can get the standard Emacs "prefix" completion, instead of=0A=
    ;;  this "apropos completion", by using `TAB' instead of `S-TAB'.  You=0A=
    ;;  can cycle prefix-completion candidates by using the `up' and=0A=
    ;;  `down' arrow keys instead of `next' and `prior'.=0A=

That feature conflicts with a standard one.  `up' and `down' in the
minibuffer move thru the history; that works for all minibuffer
arguments, with or without completion.

So if we are to install this feature, it needs to be on other keys.

    ;;   C-h f  c h a r  S-TAB - display all function names that contain=0A=
    ;;   `char'.=0A=
    ;;=0A=
    ;;   M-*  d e l e t e  - narrow that set of names to those that also=0A=
    ;;   contain `delete'.=0A=

I wonder if it would be more convenient to interpret
some syntax for this, such as `char&delete'