Re: Saving markup formats

From: Juri Linkov
Subject: Re: Saving markup formats
Date: Tue, 19 Jun 2007 00:25:04 +0300

>> Could you give me a more concrete example of what you want to do?
>> (Or did you give that before?)
>
> I am talking about editing a word processor file from OpenOffice or
> something like that and being able to edit the file in such a way that
> I (or someone else) can open it up in the native editor and it will
> work.
>
> I don't care much about WYSIWYG facilities. I just want to be able to
> edit it safely.

Editing a word processor file can mean different things.  I see at least
three levels:

- editing raw XML files (e.g. with the help of nxml);
- editing DOM trees (like in graphical XML editors: expand/collapse
  subtrees, add/delete a node, change its attributes);
- editing on the visual representation of the XML file (WYSIWYG).

Which one from these you are talking about?

--
Juri Linkov
http://www.jurta.org/emacs/