Re: propose adding Icicles to Emacs

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: propose adding Icicles to Emacs
Date: Tue, 19 Jun 2007 18:26:41 -0400

    Most like we'd want the list of faces to take the form of a list of
    face-names (displayed with the default face) together with a constant text
    (such as "sample") where that constant text is displayed with the face.

That is what Custom does now; but it is perhaps not the best thing.
What I have in mind is a hybrid approach (both for completion and for
Custom).

If the face is hard for reading text, do as you described above.
Otherwise, use the face itself to display its name.

What do you think?