Re: how about a find-library-other-window command?

From: Ehud Karni
Subject: Re: how about a find-library-other-window command?
Date: Wed, 20 Jun 2007 20:21:29 +0300

On Wed, 20 Jun 2007 17:09:14 +0300, Juri Linkov wrote:
> Let me express more clear what I meant: not each command should test the flag,
> but only a new function `show-buffer' used by these commands.
> So for instance having
> (defun foo ()
>   (interactive)
>   (show-buffer new-buffer))
> bound to some key (e.g. `C-c C-f').
> Then after typing `C-x 4 C-c C-f', the prefix `C-x 4' will set some
> special variable, and `show-buffer' called by this command will detect it
> and put `this-command' to the user config alist with a flag to reuse this
> user preference next time this command is called without the prefix `C-x 4'.
> > Another drawback of this method is you'd have to type C-x 4 C-x C-f.
> You have to type `C-x 4 C-x C-f' only once.  After `show-buffer' records the
> fact of calling with the prefix `C-x 4' first time, it will reuse this
> preference on subsequent invocations without the prefix `C-x 4'.

And you have to define a new prefix (C-x what?) to restore the one
window/frame behavior again for this function (each separately) ?

 Ehud Karni           Tel: +972-3-7966-561  /"\
 Mivtach - Simon      Fax: +972-3-7966-667  \ /  ASCII Ribbon Campaign
 Insurance agencies   (USA) voice mail and   X   Against   HTML   Mail
 http://www.mvs.co.il  FAX:  1-815-5509341  / \
 GnuPG: 98EA398D <http://www.keyserver.net/>    Better Safe Than Sorry