Re: propose adding Icicles to Emacs

From: Juri Linkov
Subject: Re: propose adding Icicles to Emacs
Date: Mon, 25 Jun 2007 23:47:22 +0300

> But this suggests there should be a minibuffer command to say "submit
> each of current candidates, one by one."

As I proposed on a different thread, we could improve `completing-read-multiple'
with different separators between completion candidates.  Currently it
supports `,' to separate completion candidates used as arguments of one
command (e.g. with faces this means putting a group of faces separated by
`,' in one custom buffer).  A new separator (e.g. `;') could be used to
separate completion candidates to call the action on each of them (thus
creating a separate buffer for faces separated by `;').

--
Juri Linkov
http://www.jurta.org/emacs/