Re: What happens when I evaluate the call the second time?

From: Mathias Dahl
Subject: Re: What happens when I evaluate the call the second time?
Date: Tue, 3 Jul 2007 11:45:26 +0200

First C-x C-e after the function, then twice after calling it. The
output is:
average
2
2 (#o2, #x2, ?\C-b)

Now what's the (#o2, #x2, ?\C-b) stuff?

Different ways to express 2 I think. What I find strange however, is
that it is only displayed at the second invocation of C-x C-e. If you
for example move point left and right and evaluate again, you first
get 2, then the above.

PS. I notice that the output is 2 and not 2.5, I guess the output gets
truncated to an integer (the decimal part is discarded).

Yes. Try with (average 2.0 3) and you will get 2.5.