Re: status of dir-vars or dir-locals inclusion in emacs?

From: Vagn Johansen
Subject: Re: status of dir-vars or dir-locals inclusion in emacs?
Date: Wed, 04 Jul 2007 19:04:19 +0200

address@hidden writes:

> There was discussion some time ago about including either
> dir-locals.el or dir-vars.el.
>
> - What is the status of this?  Which one will be included?

After upgrading to Emacs 22.1 I had some problems with partially font
locked buffers. I tracked it down to dirvars.el.

I wrote about it on EmacsWiki a week ago
(http://www.emacswiki.org/cgi-bin/wiki/DirVarsPackage) and added a link
to this relevant discussion
http://osdir.com/ml/emacs.sources/2006-06/msg00018.html

Note: Just yesterday I had to stop using dirvars 1.3 and switch to
dir-locals.el because the issue persisted.

--
Vagn Johansen