Re: Multiple major modes

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: Multiple major modes
Date: Wed, 04 Jul 2007 21:31:26 -0400

    For the record, advice does update the function documentation,
    assuming one documents the advice.

It doesn't update the source code of the function definition,
which is the main thing that someone debugging will look at.

This suggests an idea to me.  Maybe Emacs could highlight the function
definition somehow, to indicate that the function has been advised.

That might solve the problem that makes advising bad for debugging.
Would someone like to try it?

To be sure whether it solves that problem, we would have to try it for
a while, and see the results.  We can't assume this a priori.