Re: Better language detection for tutorial

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Better language detection for tutorial
Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2007 03:36:09 -0400

> From: Kenichi Handa <address@hidden>
> CC: address@hidden, address@hidden, address@hidden,
>         address@hidden
> Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2007 16:17:59 +0900
>
> I think his patch is an effective workaround for the current
> problem.

But the patch would preclude users from changing the language
environment during an Emacs session, and having a corresponding
tutorial displayed as the result.  This sounds like a misfeature to
me.

> By the way, which locale category to use for deciding the
> default input method?

I don't know; is such information available via some system API?  If
not, our method of specifying the default in the language info is a
good solution.