Re: address@hidden: webjump-url-encode and non-ascii characters]

From: William
Subject: Re: address@hidden: webjump-url-encode and non-ascii characters]
Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2007 12:36:21 +0900

2007/7/24, Kenichi Handa <address@hidden>:

> Is this patch correct?  Most particularly, is it correct to use
> buffer-file-coding-system for a URL?  I have doubts about that.

I doubts too.  I'm not the expert of URL (or URI) encoding,
but, as far as I remember, non-ASCII characters in URL must
be at first encoded by UTF-8 then by %-encoding.  So, for
instance, �+" (U+00E0) must be encoded to "%C3%80".

Oh, you are right. buffer-file-coding-system should be replaced by
'utf-8. It happens to be the same value here.

--
William