Re: Relicensing the Emacs repository

From: Glenn Morris
Subject: Re: Relicensing the Emacs repository
Date: Thu, 26 Jul 2007 00:42:32 -0400

Miles Bader wrote:

> The main thing which causes problems is the number of conflicts (not
> the number of files). Since these changes mainly involve copyright
> headers (and a fairly small part at that -- some random diffs I did
> showed only "2" -> "3"!),

Yes, that's all that is involved for the vast majority of files (I
hope, otherwise I got it wrong.. :) ). There were a very small number
where I standardized the headers (I tried to note these in the cvs
log). And all the COPYING files got totally replaced of course, and
the licenses in some manuals got updated, and no doubt a few other
tweaks here and there.

> I don't expect there too many conflicts.

Great.