Re: A system for localizing documentation strings

From: Henrik Enberg
Subject: Re: A system for localizing documentation strings
Date: Fri, 27 Jul 2007 18:03:02 +0200

Kenichi Handa <address@hidden> writes:
> As for computer/programming related books, it's sure that
> most important ones are translated in Japanese.  But, most
> of them assumes that a reader has some basic knowledge about
> English.  Many technical terms are just written in Katakana
> (a phonetic transliteration from the orignal English word),
> and one has to know the meaning of original English word.

It's also worth pointing out that Japan has a population of almost 130
million people, making it economically feasible to translate special
interest books like ones about programming.  For many languages, this
isn't really possible.  So for people like me, whose mother tongue is
Swedish, learing English is even more paramount.

--
If animal trapped call 410-844-6286