Re: info/ directory in CVS

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: info/ directory in CVS
Date: Fri, 03 Aug 2007 14:57:20 +0300

> Cc: Glenn Morris <address@hidden>,  address@hidden
> From: Stefan Monnier <address@hidden>
> Date: Thu, 02 Aug 2007 12:27:42 -0400
>
> > If we generate dir (with install-info), the order of menu items there
> > will be alphabetical, not the order we want.
>
> I hope someday we can fix this limitation so that `dir' can really be
> auto-generated.

You mean, change install-info? or add some feature to Emacs to do that
instead of install-info?

For the former, you are welcome to suggest a different design to Karl
(cc'ed).

In any case, I'm curious to know how could we order the entries in a
repeatable way that uses an order other than alphabetic, especially
when it adds new entries.