Re: propose: dired-isearch.el --- isearch in Dired

From: Robert J. Chassell
Subject: Re: propose: dired-isearch.el --- isearch in Dired
Date: Sat, 11 Aug 2007 16:58:12 +0000 (UTC)

   > FWIW, my guess is that most people will end up leaving those fields
   > invisible much of the time, once they find out about dired-details.

   In OSes like Windows XP, maybe this is true. But in *nix, i think those
   "details" are still very valuable to be visible.

William Xu is right.  Having found out about dired-details, I will
never use it again.  As a practical matter, I often search for
permissions and sort by time.

Different people do different things.

--
    Robert J. Chassell                          GnuPG Key ID: 004B4AC8
    address@hidden                         address@hidden