Re: Info about available CVS/Arch/Git branches

From: Jim Meyering
Subject: Re: Info about available CVS/Arch/Git branches
Date: Mon, 13 Aug 2007 13:50:55 +0200

David Kastrup <address@hidden> wrote:
> Jim Meyering <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> David Kastrup <address@hidden> wrote:
>>
>> You might want to look at how that is handled in the git <-> p4
>> mirroring code in git's contrib/fast-import/*.
>>
>> BTW, in the last week, I changed things so that branches in the git
>> repository
>
> Which repository are you talking about right now?

AFAIK, there is only one public git mirror of the emacs CVS repository:

  http://git.sv.gnu.org/gitweb/?p=emacs.git
  git-clone git://git.sv.gnu.org/emacs.git

>> are now pushed into the public emacs.git.  Before, I'd been pushing
>> only the trunk ("master").q
>
> I presume that emacs.git is just a mirror, and nothing gets committed
> back into CVS either via Miles' arch or directly?

Yep.  That's what "mirror" means to me, too.

However, if you make changes on a private git branch,
it's easy (git-cvsexportcommit) to mirror them back into a cvs commit.