Re: merge emacs-pretest-bug and emacs-devel

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: merge emacs-pretest-bug and emacs-devel
Date: Mon, 13 Aug 2007 22:45:08 +0300

> From: Glenn Morris <address@hidden>
> Cc: address@hidden
> Date: Mon, 13 Aug 2007 03:39:07 -0400
>
> Eli Zaretskii wrote:
>
> > If we do that, what will happen to the archives of
> > emacs-pretest-bug, both before and after the merge?
>
> I don't think anything should or would happen to the pre-merge
> archives.

Then we will need some kind of comment in the archives of emacs-devel
that, before such-and-such date, messages could be in a different
place.  Otherwise, people will fail to find past bug reports a few
years from now.

> I don't really know the answer to the "after" part of your question;
> but I expect that if the change is done by a mail alias (the easiest
> way, AFAIK), then no more mails will appear in the e-p-b archives from
> that point on. If it's possible to get the mailman software to do the
> forwarding instead, then we could still archive things in e-p-b,
> before forwarding them on to e-d. This might be nice (though people
> would probably use e-p-b less than before).

I don't know enough about mailman (does it even support mail
aliases?), but this must be figured out before we merge, IMO.