Re: address@hidden: splash-screen and visiting file with command arg =>

From: Glenn Morris
Subject: Re: address@hidden: splash-screen and visiting file with command arg => help menu broken]
Date: Sun, 19 Aug 2007 22:43:52 -0400

Juri Linkov wrote:

> I can't reproduce this bug on the released Emacs version:
> GNU Emacs 22.1.1 (x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 2.10.13)

The OP did say it was only with the motif toolkit.

> And after recent changes in startup.el I suspect it will be not
> reproducible at all, since now mouse clicks on the startup screen
> don't hide it (unless clicked on a link).

It still happens for me:

configure --with-x-toolkit=motif
touch 1.el 1.txt
emacs -q --no-site-file 1.txt
C-x k to kill splash (ugh, BTW)
Hold down mouse 1 over Help menu, move down to Search Documentation.
Sub menu appears straight away, navigate to Find Command by name,
release mouse, command runs.

Repeat with 1.el:
Hold down mouse 1 over Help menu, move down to Search Documentation.
Sub menu does not appear. It does appear if I release the mouse. Then
clicking on Find command by name does nothing.

Weird...