Re: Scratch buffer annoyance

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: Scratch buffer annoyance
Date: Mon, 20 Aug 2007 11:17:05 -0400

    Really what GNUS displays is the splash screen - an image that appears
    while a program is loading.  Emacs doesn't display the splash screen while
    it is loading.  It only displays the startup page.  I'm not sure whether
    it's good to display an image while Emacs is loading.

I am not necessarily against that change.
But it wouldn't really address the issue, as I pointed out before.