Re: JPG display bug

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: JPG display bug
Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2007 19:24:44 -0400

    How did you try to view it?  I was able to display it: I copied the
    base64-encoded attachment to a buffer, in that buffer did `C-x h' and
    then `M-x base64-decode-region' and got what looked like a raw JPEG
    file.  Then I did `C-x C-w' and at the prompt entered "/tmp/test.jpg".
    After typing RET, the raw data was immediately replaced by an image.

I put the data in a file called `foo.jpg', using my main Emacs (on a
terminal).  Then I started the very latest Emacs under X, and visited
the file with C-x C-f.

I see that image-types does not include jpeg.  That must be the cause
of the problem.  Maybe that means I am missing some development package.
So I guess there is no real Emacs bug.