Re: regression in C-x v = in latest versions

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: regression in C-x v = in latest versions
Date: Mon, 27 Aug 2007 14:18:32 -0400

    > The need for a valid change log for the change that was already
    > installed is a permanent need.  Even if he can't do the rest of the
    > redesign he planned, we still need a proper change log for what was
    > installed (unless we take it out).

    The alternative, of course, is to revert to the last working version.
    If and when, ESR finishes this redesign, it can be checked back in.

If we need to revert because of problems in the code, then we will.
But I think that isn't necessary -- there are not so many bugs.
I don't want to revert the code merely because of the lack of ChangeLog
data.  It would be better for someone simply to write that.