Re: 22.1.50; Augmenting Emacs Keybindings To Match Included Packages?

From: Dieter Wilhelm
Subject: Re: 22.1.50; Augmenting Emacs Keybindings To Match Included Packages?
Date: Thu, 30 Aug 2007 09:06:51 +0200

"Mathias Dahl" <address@hidden> writes:

>> Also, I've long bound   M-r to replace-string
>> but looking in the info manual, I see that Emacs does not bind
>> replace-string to any key by default -- which I find somewhat
>> surprizing.
>
> I have added that binding as well, although I have no strong opinion
> about it being included in Emacs by default or not.

The default binding for M-r (move-to-window-line) is also quite
helpful, I'm using it not too infrequently to speed searches and
cursor movements in that I'm pre-position the cursor as near to the
goal as possible (window beginning M-0 M-r, window end M-- M-r).  I'm
even thinking it makes sense for the pinpointing purpose to have
something like a middle-of-line-cursor-positioning key-binding.

--
    Best wishes

    H. Dieter Wilhelm
    Darmstadt, Germany