Re: Change in emacsclient behavior

From: Juri Linkov
Subject: Re: Change in emacsclient behavior
Date: Sun, 02 Sep 2007 23:14:05 +0300

> I don't think that it makes sense to fantasize a whole bunch of
> behaviors for emacsclient: emacsclient should be modeled to mimic
> Emacs itself as closely as possible with regard to command line
> options and stuff: that way, one does not need half a million of info
> pages to explain how clever it is.

I agree that emacsclient should mimic emacs as much as possible.
Maybe even there should be a common wrapper (with a different name)
for emacs and emacsclient: running it will start emacs if it is
not started yet or connect to an existing Emacs server.

At least, command line options shouldn't be so different as now,
e.g. instead of -t, --tty better to use --no-window-system, -nw...

--
Juri Linkov
http://www.jurta.org/emacs/