Re: CVS HEAD fails to build on OSX 10.4 (macterm.c broken?)

From: dhruva
Subject: Re: CVS HEAD fails to build on OSX 10.4 (macterm.c broken?)
Date: Mon, 3 Sep 2007 20:25:04 +0530

Hi,

On 9/3/07, Randal L. Schwartz <address@hidden> wrote:
> more smoke testing for OSX.  Please let me know if that changes, or tell me if
> there's a way to back out the multi-tty branch, or something.

With many issues cropping up due to multi-tty code, would it be
possible to have a seperate branch with pre-multi-tty into which
UNICODE could be merged in. UNICODE branch is much closer to the HEAD
than multi-tty was before merge. UNICODE is almost a platform
independent feature where as the current multi-tty is more GNU/Linux
(and other UNIX) specific. At first go, would it be better to have
UNICODE in the HEAD and get the multi-tty branch up to the HEAD level
(with UNICODE) and finally bring it in to the main stream.
We have active maintainer and development on the UNICODE branch and
issues will get resolved much faster.

The above proposition is based on a very top level view I have on this
topic not knowing the real efforts involved. I am no way trying to
undermine the efforts of the fellow developers that has gone in to the
creation of multi-tty and merging of it to the HEAD.

-dky

--
Dhruva Krishnamurthy
Contents reflect my personal views only!