Re: 23.0.50; delete vs deletechar

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: 23.0.50; delete vs deletechar
Date: Tue, 04 Sep 2007 18:57:34 -0400

      2. When one launches Emacs on the console,
         and then runs emacsclient at a different console,
         should the new frame inherit normal-backspace-is-erase ?

I am not sure what that question means.  When you say "inherit", what
do you mean precisely?  Inherit from what?  Under what circumstances?

As far as I can see from the source code, this decision is a global
decision, and it applies to existing and future frames.