Re: mouse-autoselect-window

From: martin rudalics
Subject: Re: mouse-autoselect-window
Date: Sat, 08 Sep 2007 11:31:33 +0200

My conclusion is that on Windows, the "focus follows mouse" policy
(btw, it's called "active window tracking" in MS-Windows parlance) is
triggered only when mouse enters/exits a frame, not when mouse moves.

I think you're right for pure "focus follows mouse".  It would be
useful for an "autoraise frame" policy where moving the mouse also
brings the frame under the mouse to the foreground.  Otherwise with
three overlapping frames 1 | 2 | 3 moving the focus from 1 to 3 and
leaving the mouse-pointer in 1 will cause problems when you later
want to move the mouse-pointer to a position in frame 3.  It will
raise frame 2 before you get there and if 2 then hides 3 you will
have to iconify 2 to continue.