Re: New start up splash screen annoyance...

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: New start up splash screen annoyance...
Date: Mon, 10 Sep 2007 20:45:53 -0400

>     Richard has made up his mind, I doubt there exist a way to change his
>     opinion on that.  So since the startup screen will be displayed, the
>     only way out of this is to display both the startup buffer and the
>     file buffer.

> There is no room for both in an ordinary size terminal.
> (It was a struggle just to get the startup buffer to fit.)
> So this is a non-starter.

You mean that you added the constraint that even when started with
a filename and even on a small terminal, the startup screen should
be immediately visible in its entirety?

        Stefan

PS: What is an "ordinary size terminal" nowadays?  I never use terminals
smaller than about 50 lines by 80columns, even when working on the console,
and even when working on my good old amber-screen HDS terminal (50x132)