Re: font-backend mechanism on Windows and Mac?

From: Adrian Robert
Subject: Re: font-backend mechanism on Windows and Mac?
Date: Tue, 11 Sep 2007 17:04:26 -0400

On 9/10/07, Kenichi Handa <address@hidden> wrote:
> In article <address@hidden>, "Adrian Robert" <address@hidden> writes:
>
> > I'm going to release rc2 today or tomorrow, which will complete the
> > update of the port to unicode-2.
>
> Thank you for the good news.
>
> > Depending on reported issues, I
> > think it would soon be ready for committing, depending if people
> > decide to allow it.
>
> Have you already sent the assignment paper to FSF?

Yes, though this is not the main issue, but whether a contribution of
this size that would need to be maintained in the future, and provides
partially overlapping functionality with the existing Carbon port,
would be accepted.  Some on the list have posted in favor, and none
have really objected, but that may be because a lot of people don't
care at the moment, but might if the code were actually going to go
in.  Though it won't interfere with other ports, aside from the
presence of a few ifdefs in common files.

Anyway, the new release is at http://emacs-app.sf.net/

-Adrian