Re: Folding emacsclient into emacs

From: Robert J. Chassell
Subject: Re: Folding emacsclient into emacs
Date: Wed, 12 Sep 2007 23:36:19 +0000 (UTC)

    > Don't you keep a root owned instance of Emacs running all the
    > time you are at your terminal, when it is safe to run as root?

    That is a much worse (and potentially disastrous) habit.

It is safe to run root if you do not expect anyone to break into your
home office when you are there; it is definitely a disasterous habit
if you expect a stranger or a malicious friend or a well-intentioned
but careless person (as happened to me in 1984) come to your terminal
when you have stepped way from it.

--
    Robert J. Chassell                          GnuPG Key ID: 004B4AC8
    address@hidden                         address@hidden