Re: Folding emacsclient into emacs

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Folding emacsclient into emacs
Date: Thu, 13 Sep 2007 10:51:55 +0300

> Cc: address@hidden, address@hidden, address@hidden
> From: David Kastrup <address@hidden>
> Date: Thu, 13 Sep 2007 09:45:18 +0200
>
> Are you saying that users should be punished if the first thing they
> want to do with Emacs is "merely" edit a file?

No, of course not.  You will see from my other message in this thread
that I think the current behavior with "emacs FILE" is annoying.

But making that point doesn't mean we should use preposterously wrong
arguments such as that Emacs can be restarted whenever we need to edit
a file, or that when there's nothing to edit there's no need to have
Emacs running.