Re: Folding emacsclient into emacs

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Folding emacsclient into emacs
Date: Thu, 13 Sep 2007 12:00:17 +0300

> Date: Wed, 12 Sep 2007 12:36:28 +0530
> From: dhruva <address@hidden>
>
> > > C-x C-f /sudo::FILE RET
> > > C-x C-f /ssh:SOME_REMOTE_MACHINE:FILE RET
> >
> > Very, very cool, didn't know about that. Why doesn't the help for C-x
> > C-f even hint that this sort of thing is possible? Maybe it can be
> > mentioned on the splash screen for beginners like me.
>
> FWIK, it comes from TRAMP and the info link for TRAMP has it.

Btw, the node "Filename Syntax" in the Tramp manual does not list all
the possible methods supported by Tramp.  For example, /sudo: is not
there.  It would be a good idea, IMO, to have a node with a catalog of
all the methods supported by tramp.el out of the box, instead of (or
maybe in addition to) having them scattered throughout the manual.