Re: 23.0.50; emacsclient --eval new behaviour

From: saint
Subject: Re: 23.0.50; emacsclient --eval new behaviour
Date: Sun, 16 Sep 2007 19:17:01 +0200

Quoting Stefan Monnier <address@hidden>:

emacsclient  -c  option  (and  subsequently  emacsclient  new  default
behaviour) may "break"  compatibility with pre-existent user utilities
and settings when  used together with -e to  trigger an emacs function
from outside.

Yes, I think that the -c argument should be reversed from "--current-frame"
to "--create-frame".

I agree, I didn't acted that way since I accepted it as a design decision.

I think that you should imply the -n flag when -e is given with --create-frame

The other thing that would be nice to change is to turn -t into -nw, but
that's more difficult because currently emacsclient treats "-nw" as "-n -w"
and its option-parsing code doesn't know how to deal with "-nw" otherwise.
As a first step we can change --tty to --no-window-system, tho.

But are 2 letter short options common ?

--
                                                    Gian
                                           Friends will be friends