Re: `term' prefix for gpm support

From: Nick Roberts
Subject: Re: `term' prefix for gpm support
Date: Sat, 22 Sep 2007 13:35:43 +1200

 >   > By the way, am I the only one annoyed by the Gpm code's use of the
 >   > `term' prefix?  I mean `term-open-connection' sounds like a very odd
 >   > choice of name for a function which "Open a connection to Gpm."
 >
 > Agreed.  I would even say that the GPM code in term.c can go into a
 > separate file, that will reduce the amount of #ifdefs in term.c.

Maybe t-mouse-open, t-mouse-close would be better.  I can't recall how I
arrived at those names but it was probably convoluted.

There are four #ifdef HAVE_GPM blocks in term.c which doesn't seem that many
(term.c has 21 ifdefs in all).  More importantly, when I wrote it, the gpm code
called static functions in term.c like write_glyphs.  If after multi-tty these
functions are no longer part of term.c, maybe the gpm code can go into a
separate file.

I have no strong opinions about these issues and certainly don't mind if
someone wants to make changes.

--
Nick http://www.inet.net.nz/~nickrob