Re: generate 1) virtual index

From: Juri Linkov
Subject: Re: generate 1) virtual index
Date: Sun, 23 Sep 2007 14:41:45 +0300

> 1. It would be useful to have an Info command, say bound to `I', that would
> do for index lookup what `L' (Info-history) does for chronological
> navigation. You would type a regexp, and it would show you a buffer similar
> to the `Recently Visited Nodes' buffer of `L'.
>
> That buffer would have a list of all index entries that matched your regexp.
> As in the existing manual indexes, it would have both the index entry (a
> link) and the name of the node it occurs in. IOW, it would be a virtual
> index, based on your input.

Since it was proposed in

http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-devel/2007-06/msg00454.html

instead of implementing `Info-index-occur' I arrived to a different
command name: `info-apropos-current-file'.  I don't know if this is
a better name, but by its functionality this command is very similar
to `info-apropos' that works only on the current Info file.

--
Juri Linkov
http://www.jurta.org/emacs/