Re: vc making coding system nil, latexenc not protecting

From: Nate Eldredge
Subject: Re: vc making coding system nil, latexenc not protecting
Date: Mon, 24 Sep 2007 08:11:20 -0700 (PDT)

On Mon, 24 Sep 2007, Karl Berry wrote:

The second question is why both those variables are nil in the first
place.  After visiting the file, but before running CTRL-x v v,
buffer-file-coding-system is undecided-unix.  So somewhere within
vc-next-action it got set to nil.  I could not find where.  (Aside: too
bad edebug doesn't have watchpoints.)  Help?  coding-system-for-write is
always nil in this scenario, so it's not a factor.

I believe I stepped through at one point and found that it was getting set to nil when erase-buffer was called. Don't have time to check right now but I can check it later.

--

Nate Eldredge
address@hidden