RE: New start up splash screen annoyance...

From: Drew Adams
Subject: RE: New start up splash screen annoyance...
Date: Mon, 24 Sep 2007 14:14:50 -0700

> > Do people agree with this?  We could call them "left", "middle", and
> > "right" in all our tooltips, if that is correct.

No, I disagree. `mouse-1' etc. are clear, whether or not one has encountered
them previously.

Another common naming system uses `MB1' or `MB-1' etc. ("MB" for "mouse
button"). It is not difficult for users to understand `mouse-1', IMO, and, I
believe that, as Robert mentioned, some systems (or mouse drivers?) let you
flip left and right behaviors without flipping the underlying names (e.g.
`mouse-1').